Saturday, January 10, 2015

Easel Cat Calendar with Post It Notes & Pen Holder

Hey Crafters!

Me again! I'm impressed with how well I've been doing with my posts lately! Let's hope I can keep this up for you! So today I thought I would show you a little calendar I made.

I had these little calendar tabs in a docrafts goodie bag and had no ideas what to do with them then I made the beautiful easel desk calendar that I gave as a Christmas gift (you can see it here) and after that I was hooked, I set about asking Google to see what he could throw my way and I came across a video from ScrappyBookworm1. I fell in love with the project and set about making some (which I gave as extra gifts for Christmas) I had some die cut cats left over and wanted to use them. 



I went for a yellow and blue colour scheme and used pretty much scraps to make the whole thing. It was so easy to make and I love how the finished project looks. I embossed my blue background paper with a Sizzix embossing folder (I got with my big shot) I had to add some bling so I put blue gemstones onto the scalloped square and some glitter around the cat.



I had another die cut cat left over so I made a cute and simple calendar. I went with the blue and yellow colour scheme. I cut a piece of yellow card to 14.5cms x 10.5cms and my blue patterned card I eye balled and it's about 3mms smaller than the yellow card.


I added a piece of yellow ribbon and a bow to my blue card then matted it onto the yellow card. I added a scalloped square which I added faux stitching and light blue gemstones to, then punched out another square from a scrap of the embossed cardstock I used for the easel calendar. Put my cat onto some foam pads and added him to my squares.


I added some twine to the back so it can be hung up. I absolutely love how both of these turned out. My cat dies are also ones I know I will get out a lot more as I have so many ideas for them.

I really hope you enjoyed this post and my calendars.

Until Next Time, Keep Crafting.
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment