Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Challenge | Daring Cardmakers - Something Old, Something New


Hey Crafters!!

Looks like I'm finally getting into the swing of blogging and sharing my creations with you! 

I've been finding new craft blogs everyday and came across one called Daring Cardmakers, they post challenges every week with a theme. After seeing the creations from the talented DT it really got me excited and I wanted to try it. 

The theme this week is Something Old, Something New. Since I'm new to the craft blogging world and getting back into crafting on a regular basis most of my stash is pretty new but I did stumble upon a couple of sheets of stickers that I bought well over 2 years ago.  


When I bought them I remember saying to myself that they would make great toppers for cards. Usually when I make cards I just let it happen but with this I had to think about a lot of things and I did struggle with idea overload and had to give myself a break. 

I ended up coming up with this really simple but really pretty birthday card! I love it. I used a pre-scored card that was pearlised and 6x6" in size. I matt and layered the pastel pink paper and some holographic mirri card. I embossed the mirri card with my new embossing folder Rose Plaid from Crafters Companion


For the sentiment I used a stamp set I got free in this months Papercraft Essentials magazine. I had to add some bling and finished it off with an insert. I really like this card, even though it's only a simple one. I hope you all like it.

Until Next Time, Keep Crafting.
  
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Love the embossing! Beautiful card :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) You just made my day :) x

      Delete